Labels

Friday, December 7, 2012

Crochet Dishcloths

So... I've been learning to crochet, right?  Well get this... I decide that I can start following patterns.  I youtube how to do a lot of the different stitches needed and there I go.  My aunt wants some crochet dishcloths (apparently they do a better job than normal ones?) so, I find some patterns from my new favorite website crochet pattern central (this site is amazing for free patterns).  I decide that I can make her three different dishcloths that will go with the colors in her kitchen: red, green, and a red/yellow mixture.

The first (and smallest) dishcloth of the three is the green one:
This pattern was labeled as "Plain and Simple" and let me tell you... it wasn't hard, just time consuming.  So, I'm getting better and faster at this crochet thing... So dishcloth round 2, here I come!
The second (and mid size) dishcloth of the three is the red/yellow mixture:
This pattern was labeled as "Simple and Practical" and it was just that.  The first dishcloth took me crocheting (on and off) for a day (probably 3 hours) to finish... the second took maybe 1 1/2 hours.  Now I'm prepped and ready for round 3... bring it on!
The third, and final, (and largest) dishcloth is the red one:
This pattern was VERY easy and took around 30 minutes to finish!  (as soon as I find the pattern I used I will post it up here).

Now... Should I make her one more?  I will have to buy more yarn but, she does love her pineapples :)

No comments:

Post a Comment